Monday 11 August 2008

Taking A Break

It's just 10 days 'til I travel to China ... and instead of running around packing and worrying about money, I'm sitting in the foyer of a hotel in Prague, using free internet and waiting for the complimentary all you can eat buffet breakfast to start. This has to be the best way to spend the money I earnt this summer - the city is beautiful, the people welcoming, the food is great, everything is cheap ... what more could I ask for? :) And best of all, I've left all my work at home in England so I can't stress over all the Chinese I've forgotten until at least Thursday. Of course, then I'll be cramming characters and grammar back into my brain like nobody's business. Apparently there are no entrance exams as such when I get to XNU (Xinjiang Normal University), but I want to be put into a decent class if possible, however they work it. And, given that I've not spent my summer in China or Taiwan like some people, I think some hardcore cramming in my final week in England is about the only thing I can do to ensure some modicum of success.

But for now, I am relaxing in Prague. Happy Days.

No comments: